Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

> Since the development team of HAL is too stupid to do this, I will do it
> for you. Attached to this message is VBRUN100.ZIP, which extracts to the
> DLL file.
>
> BTW, I have nothing to do with the HAL developers (Thank God), and
> frankly, I think they're doing an extremely poor job of releasing their
> own software. I can't believe that *I* am providing a vital piece of
> their software release!

First of all, I'd like to mention that this letter is a flame in response to
the earlier flame quoted above. Those of you not interested read no further.

I'd also like to mention that I am NOT a developer of HAL either. I have
never touched a line of HAL's code. I do a lot of footwork for the developers
though (like monitoring lists). If you want to reach them directly, write to
EggplFarms@aol.com.

> Since the development team of HAL is too stupid to do this...

If I were you, I wouldn't call any of them "stupid". Besides the fact that
they will sell their children in ordr to hire a hit man, I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU
WRITE SOMETHING 1/10 AS GOOD AS HAL.

> I think they're doing an extremely poor job of releasing their own
software.

The problem with the release has already been explained. If you don't buy it,
write to IRC@aol.com and ask AOL yourself. Immediately after AOL itself came
back on line, HAL was posted. None of the writers waited a second longer than
they had to to post HAL.

> I can't believe that *I* am providing a vital piece of their software
release!

Important note involving the next paragraph: WE HAVE NO MONEY
Back in April, SuperHAL was a DOS application. Finally, we got Windows 3.1 on
our network of 486's and home computers and I convinced the writers to
upgrade HAL. So we found the cheapest software available (in fact it was
free, but that's beside the point). Visual Basic 1.0. The HAL writers had
obviously not worked with it before and had a week or so to learn it in.
Until the complaints started coming in, they had not even paid attention to
the fact that it needed a .dll (beta testers, hello, you're spposed to find
these things). SuperHAL is the _ONLY_ program any of the authors of HAL have
written in VBasic.

In order to prove how stupid and self-centered Joe Davison is and before
anyone else attempts to flame the writers of HAL again, think about this:
1. What do they owe you?
2. Note the friggin price tag on HAL. Now THAT gives you a right to complain.
3. The authors of HAL are doing this in their free time, FOR YOUR BENEFIT.
4. If you don't like HAL, WHY ARE YOU USING IT?
5. Can you ever hope to write anything near this good?
  (A few of you may exclude this one, like the writers of ZShell.)
6. How about helping us make HAL better. Inestead of calling us names, tell
us what we could do.
7. The writers of HAL have actually LOST money on this project.
8. You got your money's worth out of HAL long before you downloaded it.
9. I don't see you helping.
10. If you don't like HAL, WRITE YOUR OWN!
11. Everyone involved in the HAL project has spent their free time to make
your life a little easier (or at least the same).
12. Very old saying: "Never look a gift horse in the mouth."