Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Uhhh... What is "VBRUN100.DLL"?

At 12:38 AM 8/4/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm trying to get HAL running on my Mac emulating DOS (can any other HAL
>users claim this?), and when I run superhal.exe with Windows running, I get
>the following error:
>
>"Cannot find VBRUN100.DLL. Windows needs this file to run
>C:\HAL\SUPERHAL.EXE."
>
>This is yet another example how much I hate Windows... What is
>VBRUN100.DLL, why should I care about it, and where can I find it? There
>doesn't appear to be anything that came with HAL that looked like
>documentation - just a help file.

I have no clue why the writers of HAL are using a VERY old version of
Visual Basic.  VBRUN100.DLL is the Dynamic Link Library required to run
Visual Basic apps.  You can download it off of the internet for free (just
search for the filename and you should be given a list of FTP sites).  The
current version of this file, though, is VBRUN300.DLL (which should come
with Windows 3.1).

                 Thomas J. Hruska -- thruska@tir.com
                    http://shinelight.home.ml.org

Follow-Ups: References: