Re: Get a Sony WEB TV for ONLY $204.95 + Much More!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 1 Aug 97 22:49:32 -0700 "Nick Zitzmann" <nickzman@eskimo.com> writes:
>On Fri, Aug 1, 1997 11:21 AM, e e <mailto:bike17@JUNO.COM> wrote:
>> Well, according to current US law, unsolicited email is illegal,
>however,
>> it is extremely hard to track down the sender.  These people create
>an
>> email account using false info, send the bulk email, then delete the
>> account right after.
>
>Prove to us that this is illegal.
>
>The junk fax law has remained untested against UCE. Just because it's
>there
>doesn't mean that it covers everything.

I don't have a copy of the law(I know someone here does), but basically
the law says you cannot send junk faxes, and technically, a computer is a
fax machine, so UCE is illegal.  But like I said before, it is extremely
hard to track down the offender, so it has never been done.  Just think,
if only murder could be done via email.....

Eric E. Klos   Mt. Clemens MI  R/C's, HO slots, mountain bikes,
computers, beginning Go-Kart project