Re: Hal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hal

I feel you are acting VERY immature about this situation, you can't even
stand a view other than yours...  If you hear one you instantly reguard it
as trash and filter it out of your mail.

Second: You are the one that first posted **TO THE WHOLE LIST** your
disgruntled views about HAL.  Is this NOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU ACCUSE ME OF?
Not only are you immature but you are also a hypocrate.

If possible, will someone foward this to domroy so that he will receive a
copy of it.

> [...]
>attendance?  You can't get HAL unless they attend?
>
>This is all very childish, and is exactly why I no longer post programs to
>the list.  (1) everyone immediately makes changes to the credits and
>distributes the programs as if they were their own creations.  (2) Everyone
>demands support for programs that they got for free.  And last but not
>least, (3) the people on this list are too immature to appreciate real
>programs that do real tasks.  They only want games.
>
>Fine, you defend this type of behavior and you put yourself into the same
>category.  So let's not beat this to death.  You aren't even mature enough
>to discuss this privately, and felt that you needed to clutter all 450
>people on the listserver's e-mails.  Nice work.  Here's a thought.  If you
>have a gripe with someone, you talk to that person.  You don't air your
>dirty laundry for all to read.
>
>Don't bother to respond, I've filtered you to my trash.
>
>domroy
>
>At 07:33 PM 8/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>I think you're greatly wrong.  Practically every programmer for the
>>calculator does it for one reason, for glory, because, last time I checked,
>>programming for the Z80 doesn't pay well.  They ask for one thing, a
>>release party, and I don't blame them.  Usgard was delayed for the exact
>>same reason.  I think it's rather immature to not be able to wait an
>>additional 2-3 days for a program.
>>
>>At 06:59 AM 8/1/97 -0700, Bernard Domroy wrote:
>>>OK, so you have this great program, Hal.  And it will allow users who are
>>>not great assembler programs to produce programs in assembler.  And perhaps
>>>there will be some motivation for programmers to write real programs, not
>>>games, that have better performance than would be possible in Basic.
>>>Finally, we might have what appears to be a very good program development
>>>platform.
>>>
>>>But......  Your egos are are so enormous that you won't release it until
>>>you can have your silly AOL party.  I think this is a real indicator of the
>>>maturity of the authors of this program.  Release the damn thing.  Don't
>>>e-mail it, put it up on Ti-calc or wherever.  At least people can start
>>>using it.
>>>
>>>Then, those who care, can come to your little AOL party when you have it,
>>>and you can have your moment of glory.  A truly mature individual
>>>understands that the real pride in writing a quality program comes from
>>>others using it rather than from a bunch of kids sitting around on some IRC
>>>or in some Chat room giving the author the obligatory strokes.  Grow up
>>>already.
>>>
>>>domroy
>>>

>>---
>>Evil Jim
>>Viva La Mexico
>><eviljim@geocities.com>
>>http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/8210/
>>I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming in pain like

---