Re: Hal

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hal

Actually, I couldn't care less about HAL.  My message was on the behalf of
all those people chompin' at the bit waiting to get their hands, actually
calcs, on it.  I am just sick and tired of seeing all of these stupid
announcements about delayed release dates and non-exist ant parties
cluttering up the e-mail.  For the most part I am a real programmer and
don't have all that much time to waste on calculator programming, although
I have done several serious applications that I use when I teach my upper
division math classes.

I don't care about Ash, z-Shell, o-Shell, or any of those other shells
either.  Besides, the only thing that shells have brought us are even more
games, and more e-mail cluttering up the lists.

At 08:40 PM 7/31/97 PDT, you wrote:
>WE feel mighty sure about are self's don't we? I'm just curious if you
>would have said the same things if the zshell release party had been
>delayed? or how about ash-oshell-usgard and the ticalc.org
>redesigning of their web page? Or should I just pass you off as an
>over anxious person that wants to get their hands on HAL and wants
>it NOW! It brings up the question of who the mature person really is.

Now here is a truly mature statement.  FYI, Hot Wheels didn't even exist
when I was a kid.  As to the alphabet blocks, I'm sure you know where you
can put them.  The criticism was legitimate.  Give me one good reason you
can't release Hal without your silly little party and I'll shut up about
it.  Now grow up and use your time constructively instead of wasting your
time defending an indefensible position.

Follow-Ups: References: