Re: Plot with lin/log axis on TI-85?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Plot with lin/log axis on TI-85?

Ake,

You can make a semi-log plot of y1 to base b simply by plotting y2 =
logy1/logb.

I've forgotten what bode diagrams are used for (it seems vaguely
familiar.)  I remember Bode's law regarding the distances from the sun
of the various planets: start with the sequence 0,3,6,12,24,48,... and
add 4 to each to get 4,7,10,16,28,52,... then the ratio of, for
instance, the distances of Mars and Earth to the sun is approximately
16/10.  This led to the discovery of the big asteroid belt between Mars
and Saturn (I think?) which is theorized to be the remains of an
exploded planet.  Unfortunately, Neptune broke the mold and so Bode's
law can only hint at some mysterious property governing these distances.

Geoffh