Re: What now?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: What now?

> Also there's a web site that has DOOM written for a -82 or -83.  Will it
> run on a -85?  For that matter will any program written for a pre -85
> run on the -85?
Correct me if I am wrong, but you may be a tad confused.  First of all, the
TI-82 and the TI-83 are both NEWER than the TI-85.  The TI-83 was released
after the TI-92 in fact.  Even the TI-80 was made after the TI-85.  The
TI-82 was an attempt (quite successful in fact) at making the TI-85 into a
much more powerful adv. algebra & precalc calculator, with many very
powerful features such as tables, which IMHO is the only major deficit in
the TI-85.  As for compatibility, the 82 and 83 programs will NOT run on
the 85, the TI-Basic for both of these calculators is much different.  What
you should do if you would like some amazing games however is to get Zshell
for your TI-85, and try out some of the assembly based programs, which are
all much more incredible than TI-BASIC programs.  All of this information
can be found at www.ticalc.org.  Information on calculator release
information and differences can also be found at this site.

Aaron Tubbs
aaron@parrett.net

a signature.