Re: parallel link cables

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: parallel link cables

"Hugh F. Tong" <Zenon@bbs.nexes.com> writes:

>> Please stop spamming the list with your advertisements! Compiling one
>> document with all of the information on it, putting it on a web page,
>> and posting a message with the url to the group once a week or so
>> would be a much better option than repeating everything so often!
>> People are getting tired of reading your ads. Thanks!
>>
>> -Tim
>>                                                 __
>>                                               /_/\
>>    Tim Gerla - timg@climax.polaristel.net     / /\ \
>>          (note e-mail change again!)         / /\ \ \
>>        Tyball Dragon -==(UDIC)==-           / / /\ \ \
>>                                            / / /  \ \ \
>>  www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1691/ /_/____\ \ \
>>   TI-92, HTML, Links, POV-Ray, Fractint! /_/________\_\/\
>>                                          \_\___________\/

> I do not appreciate people calling these "Ads" since they are directed to
> those who ask the questions.

Nope, they're directed at all 300+ members of this mailing list.  Since I
don't recall seeing 300+ requests for information, it could be argued
that your posts have more advertisement value than informative value.
In other words, you seem to be using the one or two requests for info
which you have received through this list as justification for filling
everyone's mailbox with "info" they may or may not want.

> This it only to help those who wish to gain knowledge about this
> subject, and to prevent any further questions from arising I make it
> public.

If your intent is to provide information, then Tim's suggestion shown
above is a good one:  post a pointer once a week or so to a web page
which contains all the info you want!  Or follow up to those who do
show an interest via email.  You may not appreciate "people calling
these Ads", but I for one don't appreciate your use of the list for what
appears to be your own (financial) gain.

> This discussion is about calculators and not about advertisments,
> so hold off your comments about these pieces of informative mail
> and concentrate on the subject at hand.  If you get my
> drift, I thank you.  For those who don't, I have no interest in retaining
> such contacts.

> -=Zenon=-

OK, so you're not interested in "retaining such contacts".  Some of us
aren't interested in your cables, either, and therefore have no interest
in retaining your contact.  It works both ways...

<pre>
--
Karl E. Yeanoplos
Denver, CO