83 Order of Operation & ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

83 Order of Operation & ASM

2 questions here:

1. In my Algebra 2 class, most people (including the teacher w/viewscreen)
have an 82, but I have an 83. When she put y=4/3X into her calculator, she
got a curved line (hyperbole?). However, when I did it on my 83, I got a
diagonal line. But if I did 4/(3X), I got the hyperbole. Did TI change the
order of operations in the 83 to do the fraction first, and then multiply
by the variable, instead of treating the variable with coefficient as the
denominator?

2. A friend of mine from school with an 83 tried running an asm program.
It seemed to run ok, but the next day when he turned it on and pressed y=,
the clac displayed garbage pixels all over the screen, and froze. I tried
doing stuff like taking out a battery and pressing on 10 times, or taking
out a battery and holding on for like 10 seconds, but it didn't work. All
that happens is that when you turn it on, you get the screen it froze at,
and you can't press any buttons, so I can't reset it the "normal" way.
When I've run messed up ASM programs, taking out a batteryu and
pressing on always fixed it, but thats not working now. What can he do to
fix it?