Re: Parallel Link Problems!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Parallel Link Problems!

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996 02:46:23 GMT, you wrote:

I delurked from newbiedom on this list to respond to...=20

>I'm trying to make the parallel port link for my TI-85. Seems like such =
>simple setup, but I must've fouled something up. I run linktest and it =
gives
>me "should be" values that match for i/o address 278. I run lc85 with =
the
>parameter 0x278 and it tells me to plug in the calc and send a program. =
When I
>do this, however, lc85 just times out and I get transmission error 35 on=
 the
>calc. I've checked my wiring several times and it seems okay. Does =
anyone have
>experience with this sort of problem? I've looked at all the tips and =
hint I
>could find, but nothing seems to help...any input would be appreciated. =
>would love to get this working!

I get the same result, however the link works well with my TI-92 (ROM
1.12). For some reason it does not want to work with my TI-85 (ROM
v9.0) at all. I do get errors on certain programs when sending
programs to my 92, and no matter how many retries I do it won't go
though. It's only certain programs, like chat.92@ (Full Duplex chat
program) It gets to a certain point then the 92 gives a transmission
error. I have yet to get it to work at all with my 85 though. lc85
doesn't work at all. I've tried the Link-TI by Pascal Bouron and it
didn't work, only the Link92xp will for the 92. Link-TI nor Link85xp
will work for the 85. I'm only mentioning most of this b/c the
situation is similar. Anyone have anything to offer on this?=20
-Jim Pingle- (Tajador on IRC)
Tajador@cris.com  *  Tajador@juno.com * pingjj01@holmes.ipfw.indiana.edu
http://www.cris.com/~Tajador =20