Re: Viruses and TI-8 series -Reply

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Viruses and TI-8 series -Reply

Ok everyone, I've been watching this thread, and I think the original message has been twisted
around.  The program that was shown was an MACHINE LANGUAGE program for the TI83.  You
would run this by typing send(9prgmWHATEVER

Also, this is not a virus, just a way to crash the calculator, no different than any other badly written
Machine Language program.  And one more thing, it will not do any good to type it in at the home
screen because TI only put ML support in by using a prgm element and sending it, that's it.

And finnaly, I have to admit that all of this virus talk is kind of silly.  I mean, viruses didn't become
popular, for lack of a better word, until machines had hard drives and much more RAM than 32k.
Come on, it's a calculator.  If you're concerned about losing a copy of your programs, you should back
them up to your PC or not share programs. Otherwise, you're at the mercy of the programmer, and you
shouldn't be surprised if that latest game erases everything.  And at the worst, you will have to remove
both sets of batteries, and reset the calculator, something I've done on my (now) lowly TI82, and it
can't even support ML.  Yes, even TI makes mistakes in programming.

Dennis Munsie
dmunsie@unomaha.edu

>>> Alfred T Chu <alfy@JUNO.COM> 23 September 1996  20:42  >>>
This Is not a virus...That bum just wanted to scare everybody...I typed in the virus and today, my friend
accidently ran the program...I thought
I was doomed...BUT..Fortunately it did nothing but give an error.
Well, I don't think there are any viruses for Ti's...

Alfred
ALFY@juno.com
LA,California