Re: coder for hire?!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: coder for hire?!

On Fri, 20 Sep 1996, Justin Rath wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Sep 1996, DEMI wrote:
>
> > i'm taking a count on what type of game you'd all like to see for
> > zshell.  i'll do anything, i just need some good ideas.  i can do a good
> > rpg, but that will take longer.  i have been thinking about something
> > like space harrier, but i'd prolly need to know more about NASR.  ANY
> > email welcome!
> >

> hey, I have a TI-82 and I need to program a game into it for a term paper.
> The game is fairly simple and I think I can get the code in basic.  Can
> you give me some pointers?  The rules are real simple.  You can look them
> up by going to Yahoo and search for Life and you'll find stuff like "John
> Conways Game of Life" those places usually have them.  Even if you want to
> program the whole thing you can! I'd be more than happy if you did that.
> I'm just frusterated because the rules are so simple and I can't do it on
> a stupid calculator! so if you have time please help me!

I'd like to make a suggestion.  What youre going through is what
we all go through learning to program.  First, find something
easier to do.  The rules of Conway's game of life are simple,
but writing the program isn't.  Do some simple things first.

Life is usually done as a challange when you have a good
feel for programming and want to test yourself.  When you've
written that program, and made it fast enough to be any good,
youre a programmer.

Barry