Re: Graph-link cable

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Graph-link cable

The $4 cable will work for the TI-83, but the software is different...
nobody's bothered to write it yet.

The TI-GraphLink cable is more expensive because it 1) is the real thing,
not a hack 2) works with all Link-able calculators (82, 83, 85, 92) on
Windows or Macintosh environments, 3) comes with 9pin and Mac adapters, 4)
has easy-to-use software, 5) is guaranteed to work, 6) is supported by TI,
7) comes with a Guidebook - complete instructions, 8) I could go on and on...

I think it is worth it to get 'the real thing'.  I bought TI's cable because
I just wanted to transfer data to and from my TI-85.  I didn't want to spend
hours checking and rechecking diodes, solder points, pinouts, etc. trying to
figure out what went wrong.  And the neat thing is, the cable works with my
TI-92 - I only had to download the software!

At 00:08 9/20/96 -0700, Carl Converse wrote:
>I just bought a TI-83, and I have a couple questions...
>
>first, does anybody know plans for a "4.00 cable" for te 83? or does the
>same one work?
>
>and secondly, what makes the TI Graph-Link cable so expensive?  what
>kind of special parts does it use, is it gold wire, is it assembled by a
>crack team of rocket scientists, etc?  or are they trying to charge for
>the software that we can get for free off the net?

| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial problems, the light at the end of     |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| Who is General Failure, and who gave him permission    |
|    to read drive C?                                    |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (70% post-consumer) ***                    |