RAM Expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RAM Expander

  I didn't get to list all my ideas before...

  For the computer-control, I'm thinking something like this:

                |                      |
                |  computer            |
                |                      |
                |                      |
                |                      |
                |     Serial Port      |
                 ----------------------
                      | $4 link | ($4 link because $5 is missing 2 pins)
                      | W  R  G |
                       ---------
                        |  |  |
                        |  |  |
----------              |  |  |
   TI     |             |  |  |
          |             |  | /|
  White---|--------TRANSISTOR--------
          |                | /
    Red---|--------TRANSISTOR------ (rest of the circuit)

 Ground---|--------------------

----------

  Where, IF THERE IS CURRENT coming from the PC ground, the lines are
routed to the PC rather than the calculator (we could also have a switch
to transform this into a standard TI-PC link).

  Second idea:
  This is a no-brainer:

  Put a 3.5 mm stereo connector in one side of the expander, with a
switch so the circuit just becomes a straign pipe through.  I said THREE.5 mm,
which is the size of a standard jack, and is MUCH easier to find than a
2.5mm one like the TI normally uses.  That way we don't have to keep
getting and cutting up more TI-TI links!

  These are just ideas; I really don't know that much about electronics
and I leave their development to whoever feels qualified.

  I've got a class now, but next time I'll talk about my proposed memory
data format for the RAM expander.

                     /***********************************
                     *           Daniel Knapp           *
                     *       FeatherWate Software       *