Re: Where's the FAQ for this group located?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

sivad wrote:

> The subject says it all, but in addition, whats the current standing on
> sound for the `85? i know how to build a speaker, but are there any
> programs to play music/sounds on it? also im into electronics so if i
> could be pointed toward the current efforts for esshd (external solid
> state hard drive). thanx

Hmmm... your first question about FAQs is particularly hard to answer.
There are many FAQs for this newsgroup.

Here's a list:

Jordan Adema's Calc-TI Mini-FAQ

The Unofficial Calc-TI newsgroup FAQ, maintained (or lack thereof) by
Shawn Jordan  -- dated

The Official Calc-TI/Graph-TI FAQ, maintained by Texas Instruments

My favorite, maintained by Mattias Lindqvist,
can be found at <URL: http://www.efd.lth.se/~d96mli/tifaq.txt>. It's
the latest one (just released Sept. 10) and covers quite
a bit information. A great job!

Question #2:

I believe there's a version of ZPONG out that has sound effects...
but anyway, the most interesting application is a program called
PLAYWAV, which can be found at
allows you to play converted WAV files on your TI-85!

Question #3:
Progress on the SSHD has been slow; there was a recent thread
about this on LZ, but most of the posts quickly settled down to
a discussion of how to make a fake ~50k variable on your 85...

The most promising advance has been made by Mel Tsai; you
can find his plans for extending the 85's limited memory at

Hope this helps! Be sure to check out the most comprehensive
TI web site ever, <URL: http://www.ticalc.org>.

- Paul Pollack
TI-GCM Senior Editor
See my home page at http://home1.gte.net/paulp/