Ascii Output

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ascii Output

Yes, I know that the windows versions of the link software are there.
However, for certain purposes, it would be nice to be able to go directly
from a .83p to ascii, or a .92p to ascii, and visa-versa.

The DOS programs for the 82 and the 85 worked find, but I don't think there
are corresponding versions for the 83 and 92.  Included with the original
link package, or perhaps in the FAQ, were the ascii substitutions, like /->/
and all that stuff.  I have not seen this for the 83 and the 92.  Do they exist?

Those of us that are teaching AP Stats might want a convenient way to
convert ascii data into lists for the 83.  In this way one could take an
excel data file or perhaps a DBase file, output the numbers as ascii, and
convert to a list which might be downloaded to our students' 83's.

Any ideas?

domroy

P.S.  I can convert a .83p file into something similar to the method used on
the 82, but lacking any official list of operators, I had to make some up.