My conversions program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

My conversions program

I have my TI-92 now... it's great!
I've begun work on the conversion program I promised, and its looking pretty
good.  The titles and program framework are in place, all I have to do is
add the constants and write the code to do the conversion.  The program
looks like it will be around 3.5-4k, with all data, without an installer,
without an editor.  I'm using Dropdown dialog items for entry, a list for
type titles, a Data variable for names, and one or two matrix vars for the
actual data.

Here's how the final conversion will work out:
(num to convert) * entries[type,to-unit] / entries[type, from-unit]

I need an opinion, preferably from a seasoned TI-92 programmer.

1) Is this structure the most efficient way to store data?
2) How do I handle Temperature conversions (since they use a sliding scale)?
As  a special case?  Using two matrices, one for a multiplier, one for a
constant?  Using a list and a special if-statement in the program?  Using a
single matrix, 30x15?  Using a Data entry and parsing strings? Other
(__________________)?

(I'd like this to be extensible, so one can add more types without changing
the program.  I think two matrices would be easiest in this case...)
| Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
| ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
| Due to financial problems, the light at the end of     |
|   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
| Who is General Failure, and who gave him permission    |
|    to read drive C?                                    |
| ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
|         *** (70% post-consumer) ***                    |