Program:Simplifying radicals

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Program:Simplifying radicals

Here is a nice, small, fast program to simplify a radical.  I wrote it for
the TI-85, but it can easly be made to work w/any of the other TI graphing
calcs.  To use it, you type in the radical at the home screen (with the
radical sign), and hit enter so you see the decimal approximation.  From
there you run the program, and if will output two numbers.  The first is
the number outside the radical, and the second is the number inside the
radical.  This program only takes up 167 bytes!  Here it is:

int Q>B
int (round(Q^2,5))>RAD
1>N
Lbl A
B^2>SQR
If RAD/SQR==int (RAD/SQR):Then
N*B>N
RAD/SQR>RAD
End
If B==2:Then
Goto E
B-1>B
Goto A
Lbl E
Disp N
Disp RAD

That's it!  I would love to hear any feedback.

Jeff