System/8X: Question about ASCII strings

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

System/8X: Question about ASCII strings

I am programming the strings and string manipulation daemons for System/8X
right now and wanted to get some of you programmers' opinions.  I am trying
to decide if I should use the standard ASCII character set, or make my own
for System/8x.  If I made my own, it would take up slightly less memory, but
if I use the standard ASCII, it will be more compatible with computers.  I
also could just make a little program to convert to/from ASCII from/to
System/8X strings.  What are your thoughts?

System/8X Status Bar:  [XXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO] 10%

<pre>
--

Riley McArdle
mechsys@worldnet.att.net