Re: screen8x doesn't work

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: screen8x doesn't work

On 6 Sep 1996 18:42:21 -0400, bdav1026@aol.com (BDav1026) wrote:

>I'm trying to convert a bmp file to an .82i so I can send it to the
>calculator, and I can't get screen8x to work. Yes, I know how to do it,
>and no, I'm not mistyping anything.
>Does anyone have a program to do this other than screen8x, which seems
>written more for an 85? Is there a screen8x upgrade I could use?

It seems to work for me....  I have the gray-link cable....

Make sure your bmp file is exactly 96x64 pixels.  It won't work if it
is not exactly this.  If you have a mac, you can get the pict->pic
converter.  Use photoshop or printshop pro to do these pixel changes.
decrease color depth to 2 and make sure you are using ordered
dithering.  Your picture should look fine.  It works for me....

| "You can pick your friends, and  | (   \ (  \/  )   mao@wuchem.wustl.edu |
|  you can pick your nose; but you |  ) ) ) )    (                         |
|  can't pick your friend's nose." | (___/ (_/\/\_)       (Dean Mao)       |