Re: Logaritmic graphics with TI85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Logaritmic graphics with TI85

On Tue, 03 Sep 1996 22:02:16 GMT, David Ellsworth
<davidell@ticalc.org> wrote:

>Blackbird (Blackbird) wrote:
>
>>How do I get a logaritmic graphic of a function ?
>>with my TI85 ?
>
>Just change all instances of "x" to "e^x".
>
>---
>David Ellsworth
>the ticalc.org project
>davidell@ticalc.org
>---
I'm sorry, but I think I didn't understand.
Do you mean this:

y=-arctg (x/2)    becomes:
y=-arctg ((e^x)/2)
and
y=20 log 40-20 log sqrt(x^2+4)   becomes:
y=20 log 40-20 log sqrt((e^x)^2+4)

I was expecting something like this:
 _|______
   |-----|------|------|---\--------->x
   |   0.2   2   20    \

starts at y=26 then starts to decline at x=2

This is not a math subject, it's part of
the Bode diagram construction in one of my
disciplines(?) - Systems Control.
Probably I didn't understand the expression "instance" (I'm
Portuguese...)
Probably (almost sure !) I'm no good at maths.
Anyway, thanks for your help !!

Regards,
Blackbird