Re: HP48 vs TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48 vs TI-92

On  1 Sep 96 at 14:35, ToddL40154 wrote:

> Although I have never used an HP48 (or for that matter, ANY HP calc), but,
> according to what I;ve been reading in this thread, two facts seem
> apparent.
>
> 1. The TI-92 has a lot of potential which TI greatly ignored.
> 2. The HP48 has made great use of what it has.
>
> I think Fargo will greatly level the field here, allowing 92 users greater
> access to the true power of the 92 which TI has apparently glazed over.

I'm afraid it won't. The two main reasons are:
1. Too little memory.
2. With no support from TI, we can't use any of the built-in math
routines. That of course makes it pretty hard to make any decent
math stuff. (At least that's the case with TI-85. I assume it's the
same with TI-92.)

Mattias Lindqvist
CS student at LTH, Sweden
E-mail: d96mli@efd.lth.se