HP48 vs. TI92 - The Reply

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HP48 vs. TI92 - The Reply

>I have seen many HP48 vs. TI92 threads, and I vowed never to get
>involved, but I actually own both of these calculators, and I think I've
>figured out the answer to which is "best".

I've owned both, and I also have figured out which I think is best.

>For real-world applications, which involve mainly numeric manipulations,
>the HP48G(X) is the clear winner.  Its numerical integration capabilities
>and differential equation solver clearly put it ahead of the TI92 for
>these applications.

Except for a minor downside. Most people don't know postfix, and don't
care to learn it. Why should they need to adjust to a different mathmatical
system for real world applications?

>For the contrived problems presented in a school environment, the TI92 is
>usually best.  Many problems call for symbolic solutions and tedious
>algebraic manipulations.  The TI92 can do these straight out of the box.

So your view of the TI-92 is that it's mainly capable of just algebra?

>On the other hand, if most of your calculator use is for contrived school
>assignments, then the TI92 is probably the best choice.

(Or if you want to do some real math on the thing <G>)

Pat Gunn, a C programmer and member of TeamOS/2,
User of NT, OS/2, PC-DOS7, Linux, etc. My homepage is http://ftp.apk.net/~qc
Fan of Executor, a Mac emulator for DOS, Linux, and NeXT (see
http://www.ardi.com)
And then came the godly NEKO, a flying first strike 32/32 black creature