Re: HP48 vs TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48 vs TI-92

These are my thoughts on the 48 / 92 dispute:

Some of you seem to thing that the only way to calculate on the HP48 is
to enter the numbers like this:

X [enter]
Y [+]

You can do it that way, but you can also use the delimiter button [']
and the calculator will function like the TI family.

The HP48 is a lot harder to program. When I purchased it, I found out
that I hated its "structured programming". The only way I could make a
halfway decent program was if I made many little programs, and
referenced all of them in one big program. This was hard to keep track
of, but it worked (sometimes). I suppose others have better luck with
programming than I do.

The graphing IS a bit slower on the 48, but I seem to like the graphing
functions better than the 92.

The built in conversions and equasions of the 48 are an advantage over
the 92. Though the equasions are not really necessary, the equasions
are. I know the conversion program is available for download, but it
should be included.

In my opinion, the 48 is a superior calculator. The 92 is no doubt a
great calculator with a better GUI, but the 48 is definately better.

<pre>

|             Daniel B. Gast            |
|            clehado@cris.com           |
|       http://www.delta.edu/~dgast/    |
|           "Illegal Operation"         |
| The favorite phrase of Netscape users |
</pre>