Re: HP48 vs TI-92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HP48 vs TI-92

Steven Wolfe (scwolfe@ix.netcom.com) wrote:
:
: The trouble with that is that there is no way to convert .92T files
: into .TXT or .DOC files, other than copying and pasting to Notepad or
: Word from TI-GRAPH LINK 92 (and vice versa).  Could someone write a
: program which would do that?  Or even better, a Fargo word processor
: and a separate PC program so that it can be converted to Word
: afterwards?
:

  Actualy the TI-GRAPH LINK can convert .92T files into .txt via its
export tool.  Export its text files as ascii data.  I use this feature
to move notes that i take at meetings with the TI92 to my computer for
archiving or other things.
  Somebody else said that a dual screen was only an academic tool.  I can
use the dual screen to take text notes and run the spreadsheet during
meetings so that i can compute the impact of budget changes at the
meeting.  This give me an edge at meetings that would be more difficult
to do with the non qwerty keyboard and smaller screen of the HP48.