"Cobweb" diagrams for TI-85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"Cobweb" diagrams for TI-85

Hello,

Among the advertising screenshots for the TI-82, I have seen the so-called
cobweb (or stair and cobweb) convergence diagram, for finding roots of an
equation from a graph.

Can anyone tell me if this program exists for the TI-85, and, if so, where, and
what is it called?
Failing that, could you tell me where to find the TI-82 version, and I will
'port' it.

And an aside:-

I know that the TI-83 has some way of using Z80 assembler code, and that TI has
released the addresses of the main math routines, variables, etc.
But what is to happen to TI-85 owners?  Will TI release the equivalent
information to us, or has it done so already?  After all the TI-85 pioneered the
Z80 calculator programming scene, and yet, AFAIK, we do not yet have these
data...
What is going on here?  Is this saying that the TI-85 is only for programming
games - via ZShell and the like, but only the TI-83 is for assembler programmers
that want to enhance the maths routines!?
After all, the maths on the TI-85 is stronger than the maths on the TI-83, but
the latter appears more customisable now.
Should I get rid of my TI-85 and get a TI-83?

== Is anyone from TI listening? ==

Regards and TIA
Alex
Bristol - UK