Re: Delete Programs???

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Delete Programs???

Joseph Kwiatkowski wrote:

> I've successfully made a $4 link & it works :) Next case: Is there a way
> to delete an unwanted or defective programs(files) off my 85 without
> clearing the entire memory? Also, being new to this stuff, I need to
> learn how to deal with the downloaded files(ie. converting, ungrouping
> etc etc). How do I transfer .85G files to the calculator? Thanks in
> advance for your time and help.
>
>                                         Joe Kwiatkowski
> "Where theres a will, let my name be on it"....

To delete programs and other stuff, do [2nd] [mem] [f2] then press the
key corresponding to the catagory of thing you want to delete (or all if
you want to see a list of everything on the calc).  Then move the little
arrow to the name of the item and hit enter and it is gone forever.  As
for the file grouping, I have the actual TI link cable and when I
download grouped files to my calc, it ungroups them as it downloads.  I
am not sure if the home brew software that you get for the link will do
it or not.  You can ungroup the files with the official TI software
which you can find at the TI homepage or probably the unnoficial ti-calc
homepage (http://www.ti.com (I think) and http://ticalc.org respectivly)
and send them to your calc seperatly.  Hope this helped!

p.s. the TI software has some other nifty utilities including ti
format-to-ascii conversion, ti-82 to ti-85 conversion (semi-reliable)
and other goodies (sample programs, too)

<pre>
--
--- Sam Lewallen ---- e-mail to w7el@teleport.com ---
     Computers are like drugs: Highly addictive,

</pre>