TI-Graph Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-Graph Link

I have a TI-85 and have recently downloaded the PC Graph Link software,
however after finding out the price of the cable (and software which I
already have) - it is 40 pounds (I'm British!), probably about $60!  I
am *NOT* paying that for a simple cable on the income of a student!

Instead I am going to make a lead for myself.  I've looked into it a bit
and I found I need the following items *IF* the TI-85 can be directly
connected to the computer without any intermediate cicuitry:

25 pin D-Block connector (for COM2 of PC)
2.5mm male stereo jack plug
cable

But I need to what does what at the TI-85 end, i.e. I would imagine the
stereo connectors are the input/ouptut and the shield is the ground.
These would be connected to the corresponding pins on the D-Plug.
Is this OK to do or are there some resisitors, capacitors needed between
the calculator and computer?

Please could somebody respond who has got a home-made cable *WORKING*!

Thanks
<pre>
--
Paul S. Roberts

 Email: paul@rbts.demon.co.uk
 Web: http://www.rbts.demon.co.uk/

    To err is human; to really foul things up requires a computer.
                                                   Anon.
</pre>