TI-92 Phasor question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-92 Phasor question

Please, no replies referencing Mr.Spock ...

While performing phasor (Steinmetz) calculations with my new TI-92, I've
come across a problem where I don't believe a variable is storing
correctly.
I've sent a question off to ti-cares, but I thought I'd try here also.

i = [2nd] I (imaginary i) not the letter
e = [2nd] LN e(x) (natural logarithm)

First I define b as a -70.0 degree polar phasor value; Enter:

define b=e(-70.0i)

Then I try to examine the variable by entering b; the calculator
returns:

e -25.1576E0i (superscript)

These are not equal.

Calculator Modes:
Complex format - Polar
Angle - Degree
Exact/Approv - Auto

I've tried various combinations of formats and modes and I've discovered
the following parameters:

Exclusion of the decimal point, b=e(-70i), will store correctly, the
decimal point seems to confuse it.

Exclusion of i (imaginary) will cause the calculator to return the
computed value (397.545E-33) which is understandable, although I'd like
to see the e retained, like pi.

Has anyone seen this before and maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

shamaal@iwl.net