Re: Q: dl pc to ti92

>terryr@magg.net wrote:
>>
>> rs 4.00 cable
>> linktest ok
>> no results dl converted mine.92@ from pc could not find it on ti92
>> var-link waiting     busy
>> link error on ti
>> pc was 'sending file' for over an hour
>> could some one let me know exactly what the proceedure is?
>>  point me in the right direction?
>> tyvm
>> terry

I just got my 4$ link working last night rx and tx from the
Var-link screen.

Problems I had:-

1) LED on diagram was wrong way (should be long lead to GRD) ie
LED lit when plugged into PC.

2) Dos software doesn't run very well (if at all) as a win 95 dos
session (timing ?) but works fine as a native DOS 7 application.

Not all link software is equal. I've settled on *LINK-TI* - any
large files that it couldn't DL (error or timeout) in their
native *.92? format always succeeded when converted to *.92_ .

Under windows small files were either instant or took up to 5 min
to transmit (large files failed). Dos rx/tx is fast taking 2-3
sec at most for large files.

If anyone has any suggestions for optimum pif settings for a dos
com's app under win 95 I'd like here them.

<pre>
--
Ramsay Beshir, Lancashire, UK   (ramsay@beshir.demon.co.uk)
</pre>