Re: Newbie

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Newbie

On 10/22/96 03:57, WILLIAM JONES muttered something stupid about Newbie

>If I go to Wal-Mart or K-Mart and buy a TI-85, would I most likely get
>the latest ROM? I want to use ZShell (the WHOLE purpose) and it would be
>stupid trying to explain to the return person that "mine has the
>incorrct ROM but that one right there just might."

ZShell will work on virtually all ROMs, except the REALLY old ones. Any 85s
you buy now should be ROM ver. 10.

>What stuff do I need to do it? I have a Pentium with W95. I know there
>is some Link cable to connect to the calculator. Is ZShell freeware?
>What about TASM and all the other stuff needed?

ZShell is freeware, TASM shareware($40). You need a link of some sort
(paralell is generally recommended), and then compatible software.

>Sadly enough, I have never owned a TI-8x caculator so I also don't know
>TI-BASIC. What is a good toutorial for me? I know QBASIC fairly well.
>(come to http://cswnet.com/~wtjones/index.html and try some programs)

TI-BASIC is alot like QBASIC, you'll have no problems.

Rob Linwood -- <a href="mailto:rob.linwood@k-palace.com">rob.linwood@k-palace.com</a> -- http://robwww.home.ml.org
|           RSA in three lines of PERL:                                    |
|           #!/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj      |
|           $/=unpack('H*',$_);$_=`echo 16dio\U$k"SK$/SM$n\EsN0p[lN*1      |
|           lK[d2%Sa2/d0$^Ixp"|dc`;s/\W//g;$_=pack('H*',/((..)*)$/)        |
RSA in 3 lines of PERL ==> http://dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/

<pre>
---
 * PW * Admiration: Polite recognition of self-reflection.
</pre>