Re: TI-85 vs TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-85 vs TI-83

Mark:

It is my express wish that if I am on trial for my life that you not be one
of the jurors.  How can you possibly know what a complete strangers son's
intentions are?  To be able to judge people without any contact is truely an
amazing gift. :-)

Mark A. Roaquin  <trickshot@EARTHLINK.NET> Stated:

> Sir, I am in an advanced algebra class and have an 83. Honestly (please
> don't tell your son I told you this), the only reason he wants an 85 is
> because he and his friends can share their programs.

[snip]

> Trust me, he wants to play the games! I personally bought my 83 because of
> its table of values function and several other display options that make
> operation easier. It's helped me a lot.

> Scott Grant <vitdoc@deltanet.com> wrote in article
> <543uae$pav@news04.deltanet.com>...
> > My son just purchased a TI-83 to use in his advanced algebra class.  Many
> of
> > his friends have a TI-85.  He feels that the 85 has more useful functions
> and
> > is faster.  He would like to return his 83 and get an 85.  Is this
> reasonable?

Scott:

IMHO it is reasonable for your son to want the more powerful TI-85 and to
have the same machine, as ones peers, has it's advantages.   You know your
son better then the other respondent, so I won't waste your time explaining
his intentions. :-)  With a TI-85 he has an enormous software library on the
Web and believe me they are not all games.

[snip]

billyd@early.com using NetcPlus
  A Mountain Man in Cyber Land