Corrupt TI-92 Backup!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Corrupt TI-92 Backup!

I recently made a backup of my TI-92's memory.  Today, my calc locked
up and I was forced to reset it.  When I try to restore the backup,
the following happens:

1.  The computer sends the backup to the calc
2.  The computer reports "Backup sent OK"
3.  The screen of the calc goes black
4.  One second after going black, the screen lightens up and garbage
appears on the screen.  The screen has three taskbars, and pixels
scattered all over the place.
5.  It is unresponsive to the keyboard.  It allows me, however, to
reset the memory using the [2nd]-[Hand]-[ON] combination.

I called TI tech support and they think the file is corrupt.  But this
never happened to me before.   Any solutions or comments welcome via
Email or newsgroup.  I will Email a copy of the backup to anyone who
would like it.  Thanks to anyone who tries to help,
<pre>
--
Mike Harder
</pre>