Re: Making a parallel cable with a printer pass-through

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Making a parallel cable with a printer pass-through

Rather than go to the expense and trouble of buying the parts and making a
pass thru cable I did the following:  I shopped around and found me a dirt
cheap IDE disk controller card with parallel port and 2 serial ports.  I
disabled the IDE disk controller part (on mine it's a jumper setting so
it's not permanent), set the serial ports for COM3 and COM4, and set the
parallel port for LPT2.  I can now leave my normal printer cable alone on
LPT1 and have a dedicated parallel cable connection on LPT2 for my
calculators.