Re: Linear expressions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Linear expressions

At 11:19 PM 10/8/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 96-10-07 18:04:58 EDT, dave_w@NEXXUS.NOVASYS.COM (Dave
>Wollenberg) writes:
>
><< Does anyone have a program to solve systems of linear equaions? For the 82
> or 83.
>
> If not, anyone have an idea on how a program could be made? >>
>
>You can solve systems of linear equations on the 82/83/85 by inputing the
>coefficiants into matrices and taking one matrix times the inverse of the
>other or something -- it's been a while, but I know this method does work.

Or on a TI-85, if one of the equations are, for example,
x+y=5
y=3x+18

and you don't feel like changing the second one to be -3x+y=18,

create an equation variable by typing
y=3x+18
from the home screen.
then you can go into the solver and type in
x+y=5
and it'll solve.

--Ludwig
PGP Key &amp; Geek Code available on web page