Re: TI 82 Emulator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI 82 Emulator

Peter,

I don't know what you're talking about, but we're obviously not talking
about the same thing. The method I'm referring to works like this:

Take an 82 backup file with a pic variable in it.
Edit the VAT for the pic to point to some ROM location for instance
$0000.
Send the backup to the calc.
Recall the hacked pic to graph-screen.
Save the contents in another pic variable.
Send this pic variable to the computer
Remove the 82i file's headers and voil=E0! You've got a ROM dump from
$0000 to $03xx.

//Mattias

<pre>
--
 Mattias Lindqvist
 d96mli@efd.lth.se

On  9 Oct 96 at 13:04, P. Kolbus wrote:

> That requires ASM (port #7, if I remember correctly) which is not availa=
ble
> on the TI-82...
> At 18:35 10/9/96 +0200, Mattias Lindqvist wrote:

> >> To make a ti82 you will need a rom dump of the ti82, which you can no=
> >> get since asm programs isn't possible.
> >>

> >How about the change-pic-pointer method? Of course, it's a bit tedious
> >but it would give a terrific oppurtunity to explore the TI-82's ins
> >and outs. How TI-85 specific is the emulator anyway? Anything
> >else than the screen?
> >
> >//Mattias
> >
> >--
> > Mattias Lindqvist
> > d96mli@efd.lth.se
> > www.efd.lth.se/~d96mli
> >

> +--------------------------------------------------------+
> | Peter Kolbus                           +1.810.474.0872 |
> | ae607@detroit.freenet.org      #include <disclaimer.h> |
> +--------------------------------------------------------+
> | Due to financial problems, the light at the end of     |
> |   the tunnel has been permanently disconnected.        |
> | Who is General Failure, and who gave him permission    |
> |    to read drive C?                                    |
> | ***Written using 100% recycled electrons***            |
> |         *** (70% post-consumer) ***                    |

</pre>