Re: 83 vs. 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 83 vs. 85

The reason so many math departments support the 82 (and
now the 83) is that TI tried to get math instructors involved
in the design of the 82.
What's more, the average person does not want to put the
effort into learning the 85. I admit the 85 has a rather
steep learning curve, but it isn't all *that* bad, and
once you've learned your way around, it's far easier and
faster to use than the 82.
The reason that I would go 85 instead of 83 is sheer
flexibility--strings, infinite numbers of lists, constants,
etc. etc.  The 85 is meant to be a *very* flexible calculator.

Who is majordomo anyways?
What service is he/she in?
In the early days of e-mail, did you send mail to privatedomo?
Can't the military come up with better jobs than responding to
     list server requests?

jnieho38@calvin.edu          www.calvin.edu/~jnieho38