Re: Help downloading files for Mac from Nuke Ware

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help downloading files for Mac from Nuke Ware

>I went to a couple of sites to download some TI-85 software.  I got it
>downloaded and tried to unzip it on a Mac using stuffit expander.  Also
>I tried using Unzip.  I hooked up my graphing link and went into the 85
>software to transfer the files to my 85.  It transfered it but saved it
>on the calculator as a string instead of programs even though they were
>programs and had the .g suffix.  I decided to us ResEdit to change the
>file type.  I opened one that worked and copied the type and creator
>exactly.  This didn't work.  I tried a program that is supposed to
>convert them from PC to Mac and this didn't work.  If you need to know I
>got most of them from Nuke Ware.  Is there anyway to download them to a
>Mac so that it will unzip correctly and transfer to an 85 and work
>properly?  Anyone that has an idea I would appreicate hearing it.
>Thanks for any help you can give.
>Brian Ezell

Okay, easy one. First, decompress or decode the program. Within ResEdit, go
to the 'Get Info...' dialog box and select the program (variable) that you
want to send to your calc. In the 'Creator' box, put TI85 (exactly as I've
typed it) and in the file type box, put '85P' (or G or S, or whatever it is
supposed to be). Save the file, and then you can send it to your calc
normally.

Nathaniel Gibson
ngibson@postoffice.ptd.net