Re: 2.5 mm stereo jack

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2.5 mm stereo jack

> I am going to use a 2.5 stero cable instead of the TI cable. I was
> wondering if you could take an old pair of headphones and cut off the
> cable and use the cable that with an adapter that converts to 2.5mm.

This should work fine. The only problem with that might be figuring out
which wires inside of the headphone cable correspond to the ones in the
calc-to-calc link. The colors of the wires might be different.

> What kind of serial connector do you use?
> I got a D-Subminiature Connector(Solder-type, 9-Position female) and
> a D-Subminiature Connector hood.   Would this type work or do I need a
> different one? Which one will work better?

I used the exact same connector and hood. It works just great.
<pre>
--
Colin Dewey
Email: TIguy@poboxes.com