Calling all teachers!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Calling all teachers!

We here at ticalc.org are in the process of overhauling the site for
several purposes.  One of our main goals is to make the site more
teacher-friendly, to give it a place in the curriculum.  Here are some
ideas we've had:

- A special Teachers' Corner with a monthly feature, such as a focus on
Calculus programs for each calculator.
- Teachers' Tips on each calculator's respective page.  These would
include things such as highlighting differences between, for example, the
TI-82 and TI-85.  We know many teachers are only familiar with the 82/83
and aren't aware that features such as the table, while missing from the
85, can be compensated for through programming.

We have already completed the separation of files in our archives into
games and non-games, to make it simpler for those focused on math and
calculator functions (and those focused on entertainment) to find just
what they're interested in.

We are very interested in hearing what YOU, as a teacher, would like to
see in the new site - what could you really use in the classroom?  What
would you like to know about the calculators you're less familiar with?
Quite possibly, we may be able to recruit an actual teacher to maintain
the Teachers' Corner section of our site.  If you would be interested in
this (would require at least monthly updates of a web page), please let us
know.

Feedback may be sent to myself, smack@ticalc.org.  Thanks for your time!

Chris

<pre>