Re: TI85 Cable ($39.99) Brand New...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI85 Cable ($39.99) Brand New...

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996 03:08:55 -0500, you wrote:

>Save $30, spend hours getting it to work.  It all depends how much you
>value your time.  I do independent computer consulting at $25 an hour, for
>the hour to get the parts and two hours to get it soldered and working,
>($85 incl parts) I may as well just buy the cable ($40).  Save $30? I think
>I'm wasting $45!
>

>And if you don't have a soldering iron or solder either, add $20 to the
>price of the homemeade cable...

For me, I have more time than money...

I had the soldering iron, got it for $6 at RS, and it took me maybe
half an hour to get it working. I guess everyone's different... But as
for me, a homebuilt one worked out better than buying one. Although a
genuine TI cable would be nice... I like the software, and I could IRC
from my 92!

-Tim
<pre>
--