Re: Can TI-85 calcs FOIL?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Can TI-85 calcs FOIL?

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Goatboy wrote:

> Can the 85 do:
>
> from this: x^2+25
> to this?: (x+5)(x-5)
>
> or more complicated like this?: x^3+5x+25
>
> ...or do I have to find a seperate prog online?

Goatboy,

        Try finishing Algebra before asking questions like this.  x^2 + 25
does not factor as you suggest, and x^3 + 5x + 25 does not factor at all.
 I've tried to tell you what it does.  It can find roots, but not
factors directly...I've tried to tell you this on the side, you haven't
either understood, or listened.  For algebra questions, learn algebra
first.  Then consult either the manual or your high school teachers.

        -- JBD