Re: Question! (fwd)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question! (fwd)

Somehow, this didn't make it through the first time I sent it:-*

On Fri, 22 Nov 1996, Aaron Ciuffo wrote:

> ewu@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:
> : This may sound like a stupid question and I am sorry if this may sound a
> : bit conusing, but is there any way to graph an equation like:  x=y^2+2y=8?
> : Basically, with the 'x' equalling something instead of the 'y' equalling
> : something.
>
>         Well, what you just wrote is that x=8, so that would be a vertical
> line.  The 8X serries cannot *graph* a vertical line (it can draw one however)
> .  If you mean, can you enter functions in x= form, no.  But, chaning it
> into y= form is not a problem.  It's basic algebra.  I think you can enter
> eqs in the 92 in x= form, but I'm not sure.
>
>         Aaron

DrawInv x^2+2x-8 should do it, but certainly a program can be written to
draw it one point at a time if you are really desperate.  Try DrawInv
first.  You won't be able to trace on it, but you'll get a decent sketch.

        -- J.. Big Dog

|    ---------   |  John M.H. Miyares (aka "Johnny Big Dog")          |
|        |       |  Home:  1 Kavanaugh Pl. Bar Harbor, ME  04609      |
|        |       |  Work:  Department of Mathematics, MDI High School |
|    ----+----   |  P.O. Box 180, Mount Desert, ME  04660             |
|        |       |  (h) (207) 288-8272                                |
|        |       |  (w) (207) 288-5011, Voice Mail Box #820           |
|    ____|       |  E-Mail:  jmiyares@mdihs.u98.k12.me.us             |