Re: Price of a TI-85 in London at the moment...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Price of a TI-85 in London at the moment...

In article <574h3m$afg@duke.telepac.pt>, luisama@ef.pt (Luis Amaral)
writes:

>So what you're saying is that the Ti-85 is not sold in the stores in
London?
>That's amazing... I live in Portugal, and it is sold here. The only thing
is
>that it's expensive. But we have it.
>
>I wanted to buy one in London. Is it that hard to find it?

I'd love one - but I can't find it. I'm in the backwoods (East Anglia).
Everyone has TI-83s (and down) , some have TI-92's but no-one supplies the
damn 85. I'd like to start coding on one of these (I've got a virtual
processor language up and ready to convert) - I may end up going for the
83 in the end ! We also seem to prefer the (very limited) Casio Graphing
Calculators (I don't believe its possible to get into the machines' guts).

When I was young (we were probably still at war with Portugal then !)
London (esp. Edgware Road &amp; Tottenham Court Road) was full of electronics
hobbyist shops. Now its just people block selling HiFi's, PCs etc. The
best suppliers are often in the suburbs.

Prices in UK seem to be TI-83 about 70 GBP, TI92 about 190 GBP.

autismuk@aol.com