Re: HELP!!, Illegal Instruction!! on 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HELP!!, Illegal Instruction!! on 92

----------
> From: R. Wolfson <RogerW7979@EARTHLINK.NET>
> To: CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM
> Subject: Re: HELP!!, Illegal Instruction!! on 92
> Date: Thursday, November 21, 1996 8:10 PM
>
> First try pressing [2nd][hand][on] at the same time. If this doesn't
> work...
>
> This may be terrible advice, and your calculator may explode in a big
mess,
> but... it worked for me. Take out all 4+1 batteries for 10 minutes, press
> ON several times, and the put the 4 batteries back in BACKWARDS. Keep
them
> in line with each other, just pretend the pictures all point the other
way.
> Press ON and very quickly take a battery out. Then put everything back
> together. It worked for me, and there were no side effects. Good luck.
>
> --

I'm sorry but this sounds a bit dangerous.  You should never put batteries
backwards intentionally in a digital device. Microchips are very sensitive
and this surge of backwards current could cause damage or short life to the
calc. I suggest you use the  ) and (-) key method. Its safe, works 100% of
the time, and is actually in the maunal!!!!