Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

In article <4mYAeoi00WB=1LR9g0@andrew.cmu.edu>, Nicholas P Konidaris Ii
<npk+@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

>Students need to learn Calculus, not how to take derivatives and
integrals.

Ummm but would someone please explain what calculus is then, because here
is what my book coveres:  Library of Functions,The Derivative,The Definite
Integral, Short-Cuts to Differentiation, Using the Derivative,
Reconstructing a Function from it's Derivative, The Integral, Using the
Definite Integral, Differential Equations, and Approxomations
(Tayler/Fourier).

Now....it seems to me that that's what calculus is about.  the Derivative
and the Integral.  DUHH!
And in the real world, yes we do use pencil and paper, but most of the
time we use a calculator or computer because we have them and it makes
life easier.

~Andrew Bishop
~AKBishop@aol.com
~Life is like the Energizer bunny, it keeps going, and going, and going,
and ....