Re: help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: help

On Mon, 18 Nov 1996 Blueeyce@AOL.COM wrote:

> I recently bought a TI-85 and i can't figure out how to program the quadratic
> equation into its memory. Please help me.
>
> Blue Eyce@aol.com

You don't need to. It solves any polynomial on its own.

Press 2nd Prgm (Poly). This will go to the poly function.  Type in the
order of your polynomial. This is the highest exponent in your
polynomial. This case will be 2. Press enter. Then type in the
coefficients of the polynomial. For the TI-85, a1, a2, and a3 are your
coefficients. Therefore they should equal to a, b, and c respectively.
After typing in your coefficients, press F5 to solve. The calculator will
spit out your answers.