Bug report on vaporised TI-92 memory

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bug report on vaporised TI-92 memory

I'm a french maths teacher in a high school of Guadeloupe (FWI), and
some of my students reports a bug on TI-92 memory.

1) PLEASE, YOU BACKUP YOUR TI-92 MEMORY or all that is important.

If you don't, you'll have not enough eyes for crying.

2) In the home screen, write:
      x^2+1 | x = x+1   [ENTER].

 The computer shall display:
      Error: circular definition.

 And then, you'll see on the first line, written centered, white on
black background:
      Address error

 A few seconds later, the screen we'll display black points anywhere and
then be definitly all black (maximum of contrast in fact), and when you
decrease contrast, many horizontal lines irregulary displayed.

3) No key responds (even the [ ON ] + [ 2nd ] + [ HAND], and you have to
open your TI and take off the batteries.

4) When you're back on your screen all memory has been vaporised.

PS 1: We did it with two teachers (with LCD panel plug) calculators and
many students ones, manufactured in Taiwan or in Italy.
PS 2: If you do so once again, the error doesn't happends, and you have
on the screen the:
      Memory error
Is it because the memory is therefor empty ?
PS 3: So, is it a:
- formel calculus DERIVE bug ?
- memory manager bug ?
- processor bug ?
Sorry for my english, and hope you'll answer soon.

Alex DEGRANGE, Math teacher
75 Residence La Jaille 2
97122 Baie-Mahault, France (FWI)
Phone: + 590 26 41 90