Re: $4 Link and TI-83s

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: $4 Link and TI-83s

In <328E8D34.4814@sympatico.ca>, Alan <bbav.strugnell@sympatico.ca> writes:
>I'm having the same problem as you.  I finished the $4 serial link a
>couple nights ago and haven't had any luck with it either.  If you
>figure out how to get it to work, please let me know how you did it.
>I'll do the same.

What operating system are you using?  FWIW, I'm new to this too, and I had
intractable problems with the $50 TI serial link under OS/2, until I
enabled the settings for XON/XOFF flow control (which are "off" by default
using SIO comm drivers).  I also experienced mysterious, intermittent
"transmission error" reports from WLINK83.EXE when I had other Windows v3.x
programs running.  If I shut all other Windows programs down -- and that
crucially included turning off a Windows screen saver in the Control panel-
- WLINK started to purr (seemed to really speed up too -- raising the baud
rate to 115200 may have helped).  Running it snappily in a window on the
OS/2 desktop . . .