Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why are TI Calcs so inferior?

> Sadly, a lot of _good_ students I know, who have done well on AP exams
> (4s and 5s), don't have this drilled into their head like they have 6*6.
>  Why is that?  Because they learned it ONCE in Algebra, or precalc, or
> whatever, and ever since then they have been using their calculators.

Face it.  School is often really hard.  Would you rather spend a night
memorizing e and figuring out how to prove that inane formula, or
studying so that you can pass your history (or whatever) and just let
your calculator do the hard math work?
The point here is that almost everyone will never use anything above
algebra (no trig, calc, geometry, anything) ever again once they get out
of school, so it's not really worth wasting time on.

Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com          Oxymoron: Power Macintosh
Welcome to the ever changing sig!  It changes every time I log in, so
don't flame me if it's a little long.  Enjoy!

Real Users are afraid they'll break the machine -- but they're never
afraid to break your face.